- Lite Cooking Cream
- Creamy Evaporated Milk
- Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- Light & Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk
Enjoy your favourite meals, anytime
Chickpea Puttanesca with Creamy Polenta
|4||anchovies in oil, drained, chopped|
|2||tbsp||salted capers, rinsed|
|150||g||black olives, halved if large|
|1||long red chilli, seeds removed, chopped|
|400||g||can chopped tomatoes|
|400||g||can chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|3||cups (750mL)||salt-reduced chicken stock or vegetable stock|
|300||mL||CARNATION Lite Cooking Cream|
|1/2||cup (40g)||finely grated parmesan|
|1/4||cup||finely chopped chives|
|1||cup||flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped|
1. Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add anchovy, capers, olives and fresh chilli; cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add oregano, tomato and chickpeas; then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened.
2. Meanwhile, to make the polenta, bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stirring constantly with a whisk, gradually pour in the cornmeal and keep stirring. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until polenta is tender. Remove from heat. Add CARNATION Light Cooking Cream, parmesan and chives. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir parsley through sauce, and serve on top of creamy polenta.
|ENERGY (kJ)||ENERGY (cal)||PROTEIN TOTAL (g)||FAT TOTAL (g)||SATURATED FATS (g)||CARBOHYDRATE (g)||SUGARS (g)||SODIUM (mg)||DIETARY FIBRE (g)||CALCIUM (mg)|
|Average Quantity per Serving: 603.7 g||2534||606||20||30.9||12||56.5||8.2||3285||10.4||272.4|
|Average Quantity per: 100 g||420||100||3.3||5.1||2||9.4||1.4||544||1.7||45.1|